I'm coming at this a bit late so I apologize if I've repeated anyone's
point. For your purposes photogrammetry is probably your best option
particularly for the lithics. Laser scanning works on bones and I used a
NextEngine scanner for human proximal long bones, but I think someone has
already mentioned that the laser doesn't capture the orbitals well and you
might have difficulty with tooth enamel. The photogrammetry software
requires a decently hefty laptop, but it's affordable and you'd be working
with normal light rather than lasers. I don't know that this clears up your
concerns about fusing scans though. If you are concerned you could do some
error testing on that comparing landmarks obtained on the scans to
landmarks obtained normally. I found the laser scans to be pretty decent,
but I unfortunately cannot speak to photogrammetry as I've never personally
tried it.