NS>>   Perhaps you are hoping joint stereo to be improved, but --nspsytune
NS>> doesn't improve anything with joint stereo.
NS>>   --nspsytune is intended to improve result of vbrtest.wav and square
NS>> wave with VBR. You can obtain vbrtest.wav from website of lame. And,
NS>> --nspsytune improves CBR quality at bitrate like 128kbps. Perhaps you
NS>> can easily notice difference with result of appluad.wav.

RV> thanks for the clarification.  now I understand what nspsytune tries
RV> to achieve.
RV> I just asumed that it had something to do with JS because you told
RV> that it wouldn't work with the RH extensions.
RV> I guess the JS problem will be tackled at another time :)

addendum: nonetheless JS influence or not, "--nspsytune" only has
negative implications on the -V1 (-q1) I use.  Perfectly possible 128k
sounds better, just wanted to express that imo -V1 does not.

I don't know what the cause is, but the improvements on lower bitrates
are at cost of sound quality degradation on higher ones.

--
Best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]