De : Sieghard via mseide-msegui-talk <mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : lundi 7 février 2022 14:27
À : mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net
<mseide-msegui-talk@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc : Sieghard <s_c_...@arcor.de>
Objet : Re: [MSEide-MSEgui-talk] Translations, and an aside

Hallo Fred van Stappen,

vous ecrit au Thu, 3 Feb 2022 20:04:54 +0000:

[dialog displayed "hanging out" of screen area]
> Sorry but there is something that I still dont catch.
> What kind of dialog is displayed at the bottom?
> How can you do it?  Using the right button?
> For me it is always readable (but I miss something).

This was with the previous version of ideU, sadly I didn't make a
screen shot yet, and probabely I should discard that version anyway.
If it should reoccur, I sure will capture the situation.

vous ecrit au Sun, 6 Feb 2022 00:13:18 +0000:

> >>(Google Translate did the job).
> > Might make for some laughter...

[BTW, 't wasn't so bad this time, after all...]

> But for all the others languages in ideU ( Russian, Polish, Chinese,
> Indonesian, Hebrew, Arabic ), I dont know any word so I trusted in
> Google. (I hope that it did not hurt those languages and any check is
> more than welcome)

I hope there are some readers here who can do that, as I don't speak
any of these languages either, and a polish guy I did know now has
moved and I can no longer reach him. Well, I might be able to ask a
Russian for some help, but I don't have contact with him very often.

> >> https://github.com/fredvs/ideU/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

Got that, about the reaults please see below.

["msegui_dynpo-mod.zip", "msegui-lib_dynpo.zip"]
> Yep, see my previous post, I tested it, it has all needed for dealing
> with mo files, perfect, many thanks.

Well, no, they do not provide "all needed", they only give some kind of
template for constructing other translation units of this kind.
And I do not really like the wayit has to be done now, I think there
must be aa more generalized method for accessing all that stuff for
translation. Delphi (and thus, Lazarus) provide a program wide list
structure containing all (graphical) objects, which would make for an
anchor for such an action, but I've not (yet?) found an equivalent
structure in msegui. If there shouln't be one, that might complicate
the task quite a bit.

> > BTW, I found some hints as where to put translation files
>
> Hum, not unanimity there...
> I think I will stay with this:
> By default, at first run of ideU, the /lang directory is
> in /directory_of_ideu/lang/. If people want to change it, go in menu
> Settings and choose a other directory in directory-lang file editor.

THe problem just "might be" that this could not be possible on Linux.
If your ideU is installed by root for general access, NO user can
create this "lang" directory, becaus it would have to be subdirectory
to a root-owned "bin/" directory. A normal user cannot even create new
file in the "stanndard" (/usr/share/locale/) hierarchy, because this
owned by root either. If root has created the pertinent language files
there, any user can _access_ them, though.
If ideU was installed by a regular user for his own provate use, then,
of course, he can (let it) put the translation files into such a newly
created subdirectory, although this might mess up the file structure.of
his "home" hierarchy. So it's probabely really best to let the user
decide himself. And that may even apply to windows, because, as far as
I got it, current Windows versions also don't allow a user to put files
into the regular program hierarchy. AFAIK they even "transparently"
reroute access there to some "private" place in the user's "home",
where it would not be accessible to anyone else. Interesting times, no?
So you probabely found the optimal solution.

BTW, I edited your latest german language file for your ideU and
converted them all to .mo format. As I was unclear about a few of the
wordings, I put those, along with some comments, into a file named
"unklar" for your reference.
In addition, I modified the "po2array.pas" unit to use the .mo files,
and resolved a couple minor issues in two other units, mostly unused
or uninitialized variables. As I saw, there are a few similar warnings
for some of the library units, and the "mseassistivehandler.pas"
still lacked the adaptations for dynpo use. I put that all in a new
archive on my website, named "ideU_lang.zip".

BTW, I'm now using the fpc unit path override method to access the
"dynpo" alternate units, as exemplified in my modifications of your
"podemo" programm in "msegui_dynpo-mod.zip". As you already added the
"-dmse_dynpo" switch in your "make" project options, this only requires
to add the path "${MSEDIR}lib/dynpo" AS THE VERY FIRST ENTRY in the
"Directories" tab there, and to activate it only for the "U" switch to
the fpc comman line (i.e., clear the "I", "L", and "O" columns for it).
That way, you don't need to give them special names, nor to use a host
of {$ifdef}s in many other units. I've put all the modifications for
this kind of use into the above new archive, for you to scrutinize and
decide whether you deem it useful or not.

As I'm afraid that this is way too much stuff for a short notice, as
it was planned, I think I terminate this now and let you have a look
at all the stuff above and from the web..

Best wishes for all you do!