Alas! Thomas Hurst spake thus:
> > > I stole PARINIT="grTbiqR B=.?_A_a Q=_s>:|" from someone and call
> > > it with
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken, that looks _exactly_ like what the man page
> > tells you to use if you want to "use par now, but understand it
> > later". Then again, maybe it just looks vaguely similar and I don't
> > know enough about par to recognize this :)
>
> The man page states: 'rTbgqR B=.,?_A_a Q=_s>|', there's an extra 'i'
> in mine which I'm sure does something l337 and magical I can't live
> without.
>
> A quick look through the mutt-* and vim* lists I'm likely to have
> grabbed it from doesn't show anything, so who knows :)
>
> Q= is presumably 'Quote', with _s being a space and >| being the
> character classes it matches.

I don't believe that is true. IIRC, par handles David's '%' quote char
just fine. I thought it just looked for any string of characters that
appeared in more than one consecutive line, and then appended that to
the beginning of anything it wrapped (which is why it seems to fail on
me whenever I wrap one very long line, but works with any quotes when I
wrap several slightly long lines).

I'll read the man page though, it'll give me something to do to take my
mind off the Evils of Windows (Just spent ~5 hours trying to install
windows on Dad's computer. Lets just say that if I had a time machine
and a shotgun, nobody would have ever heard of Bill Gates or Microsoft).

> B= is 'Body', mathing all upper and lowercase chacters, '.', ',' and
> '?'.

Body? of what, the line?

> 'i' is apparantly "invis", which seems to remove empty lines added
> by a quote string. 'e' is a more powerful variant removing all
> superfluous lines.
>
> Other interesting looking entries are 'j' to justify (and a similar
> 'f' option), 'l' to try to keep the last line from being too short,
> 'q' which adds blank lines between quote levels, 'T4', which converts
> tabs to the One True Tabstop using spaces (something I normally hate
> :).

That's some interesting stuff. I'll be certain to read that man page
right away :)

--
Rob 'Feztaa' Park
[EMAIL PROTECTED]