I’ll usually use Falstad to simulate analog sections of circuitry and to test component values, but nothing for the digital stuff

On Mar 23, 2024, at 8:41 AM, gregebert <gregeb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Just curious to know how many of you run logic and/or analog simulations on your designs before doing a PCB, or if you do any prototyping.

Since I'm a longtime designer of IC's, I rely heavily on simulations: ngspice for the analog sections, verilog for the entire PCB (logic, FPGA if any, and analog). Once that is done, I go straight to PCBs with no prototyping. So far, I've only had 1 project that required any 'blue wires' to fix a design error.