On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:14, Gour wrote:
> Hiya!
>
> *  For making MKIV format
>
> luatools --selfupdate
> mtxrun --selfupdate

--selfupdate is meant for you to be on the safe side. Update mechanism
should now update these two files, so it should not be really needed.

> luatools --generate
> context --make

luatools --generate is definitely needed on fresh install (it should
be done automatically, but it isn't for some weird md5-related reason
I suppose).

Once you have mkiv working, the "context --make" is executed
automatically in case that formts don't match.

> while the package for Archlinux has the following update function:
>
> post_upgrade() {
>  source /opt/context-minimals/setuptex
>  mktexlsr
>  texexec --make cont-en metafun
>  texexec --make --xetex

This is needed for mkii only.

>  echo "*************************************************************"
>  echo "To use ConTeXt minimals run"
>  echo "    /opt/context-minimals/setuptex"
>  echo "To use MkIV run"
>  echo "    luatools --generate"
> }
>

> i.e. only "luatools --generate".
>
> Anyone can clarify?

I guess that's because mkiv generates new formats automatically (I'm
not sure if it also calls luatools --generate in that case, but it
could if it doesn't).

Mojca