Am Thu, 28 Oct 2010 17:48:12 +0200 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Now, it appears that luaotfload produces a rubbish .lua file, probably
> because it dumps both the MacRoman and the Unicode assignment at the
> same time as a merged table. That is a bug, but that is an issue for
> the luaotfload maintainers, not something for the context mailing list.
>
> In context itself, \char140  actually and correctly produces the king
> symbol.

Well miktex has again a working context.
ConTeXt  ver: 2010.05.24 13:05 MKIV  fmt: 2010.10.28  int:
english/english

So I tried the following example (I had to copy the font in document
folder, context didn't find it in the system folder):

\starttext
hello
\font\test={file:PIRAT.TTF}
\test
\char140 \directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")}
\stoptext

This example gave exactly the same output as the comparable latex
example with luaotfload: \char140 gives the king, the
\directlua-command gives the aring.

I also compared the font files generated by both systems:
temp-pirat.lua from luaotfload and pirat.tma from context. Both are
nearly identical. They differ only in some boundingbox settings,
versions and a kern setting. Both contain in the unicodes table the
setting    c140={ 229, 140 }.

I changed this setting in pirat.tma to c140=140 and deletec
pirat.tmc and recompiled my document: Now
\directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")}  gave as wanted the king.

So please tell me how can I make the change in my document. What
code should I insert here:

\starttext
\font\test={file:PIRAT.TTF}

<some code which overwrite the "c140={ 229, 140 }" from pirat.tma/c
and "activate" the change>

\test
\char140 \directlua{fonts.otf.char("c140")}

Ulrike Fischer