Hi Pablo,
I have first running your code here below and it is working fine, generally
speaking. But there are some problems I need to clarify:
a. Beside the fact that I am running today on Windows and there is not GFS
Didot typeface on the sytem (therefore I use TeX Gyre), there is a lack of
greek diacritic signs in the Greek print.
b. I don't see the footnotes references (but only the footnotes).
c. the log file gives something weird about {\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]
d. Thanks a lot about the Stephanus numbering command through margindata !
JP

Here below a piece of the log (with Windows 10) :

open source     > 2 > 3 >
C:/Users/Adeimantos/Documents/context/ConTeXt-Documents/ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex
fonts           > beware: no fonts are loaded yet, using 'lm mono' in box
fonts           > bodyfont '7.8pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > bodyfont '9.36pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > bodyfont '6.24pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (math)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'modern-designsize'
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize mm 7.8pt' is loaded
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (mono)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize tt 7.8pt' is loaded
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'mainface-rm--fallback-1' is
not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'mainface-rm--fallback-1', loading
aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'mainface-rm--fallback-1' as
'dummy--0'
[...]
'dummy--4'
[...]
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
backend         > xmp > using file
'C:/Users/Adeimantos/Documents/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1
close source    > 2 > 3 >