Hi Pablo and greek-latin readers (and printers),

I've given a look further into the documentation about the modules
'newcolumnset', in order to understand this issue, where ConTeXt put the latin
paragraph in the continuity of greek paragraph, when one tries to get 2
paragraphs in 2 face to face columns in 2 different languages (with the goal to
print a 'criticus apparatus' in a few different level of footnotes).

Wolfgang Schuster stimulated me about the new documentation ! Then, I have
found, in the doc produced by : context --extra=setups --overview
i-columns.xml, this intersting information (cf. last line) :
quotation : "This manual introduces column sets, one of the output routines of
ConTEXt. Although
column sets are mainly meant for typesetting journals in a semi--automated way,
you
can also use them for books. We assume that the user is familiar with ConTEXt
and
only discuss the commands that are related to column sets.
This mechanism performs okay but it needs to be used with care: an occasional
manual
intervention is needed to get optimal results. After all, we’re operating in
the area
where normally click and point desktop publishing is used.
For the moment you need to load the new code with: \usemodule[newcolumnsets]".

Allright ! Then, I have listening this advice and there is the new code (on the
basis of Pablo's work); I've only added declarations lines as
\usemodule[newcolumnsets], and \definecolumnset[example][n=2, balance=yes]. The
result is almost satisfying, because 'criticus apparatus' is well printed in
footnotes, the numbering lines okay and the first 2 texts (greek and latin
paragraphs) quite well printed in two face to face columns. BUT, I don't
understand why after a good print, all is messed up. Is it because the closing
bracket after \dorecurse{4}{ is only here : \stopcolumns} ?
I want to test this file without the dorecurse command, with a long
aristotelian text and its latin translation within more than a recto/verso set
(or both pages and an only /odd/even set). But I want to know, before doing
such a test, why this configuration with a sample doesn't work.
As attached file see the PDF of the *.tex source below.
Thanks to all !
JP

\setuplanguage[agr][patterns={agr, la}]
    \mainlanguage[agr] % Greek as main language
 \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot] [preset=range:greek]
    \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre Pagella]
    \setuplayout[header=2cm, footer=2cm]
    \usemodule[newcolumnsets]
    \setupnotes[compress=yes]
    \setupnotations[alternative=serried]
    \definelinenote[aNote]
    \definelinenote[bNote][n=2]
    \definelinenote[cNote][n=3]
    \definelinenote[dNote][paragraph=yes]
    \def\ANote#1#2{#1\aNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\BNote#1#2{#1\bNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\CNote#1#2{#1\cNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\DNote#1#2{#1\dNote{#1] #2}}
    \setupalign[hz, hanging]
    \setuptolerance[strict]
    \setuplinenumbering[step=5, location=inright, distance=1ex,
     align=center, width=0.5em]
    \definemargindata[Stephanus][location=inner, distance=2ex,
     style=\em]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface, 7.8pt]
    \definecolumnset[example][n=2, balance=yes]
    \starttext
    \start\fr % some text in French
    Définir un apparat critique et le mettre en page avec un
    traitement de texte courant est un véritable casse-tête. LaTeX et
    ConTeXt offrent des outils d'automatisation encore assez mal connus
    dans la communauté des éditeurs, notamment dans l'édition
    savante, pour la collation et la comparaison de textes
    médiévaux.\par
    \stop
\startcolumns[example]
    \dorecurse{4}{

    \Stephanus{1a} Ὁμώνυμα λέγεται ὧν ὄνομα
    μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ κατὰ τοὔνομα
    λόγος τῆς οὐσίας ἕτερος, οἷον ζῷον
    ὅ τε ἄνθρωπος καὶ τὸ γεγραμμένον·
    τούτων γὰρ ὄνομα μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ
    κατὰ τοὔνομα λόγος τῆς οὐσίας
    ἕτερος· ἐὰν γὰρ ἀποδιδῷ τις τί
    ἐστιν αὐτῶν ἑκατέρῳ τὸ ζῴῳ
    εἶναι, ἴδιον ἑκατέρου λόγον ἀποδώσει.

    \column

    \startlinenumbering[continue]
    Aequivoca dicuntur quorum \CNote{nomen}{première note} solum
    commune est, secundum nomen vero \ANote{substantiae}{seconde note}
    \ANote{ratio}{seconde note} diversa, ut animal
    \DNote{homo}{troisième note} et quod pingitur. Horum enim solum
    nomen commune est, secundum nomen vero substantiae ratio diversa;
    si enim quis assignet quid est utrique eorum quo sint animalia,
    propriam assignabit utriusque rationem.
    \stoplinenumbering

    \stopcolumns}
    \stoptext