On 05/16/2016 10:58 AM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
> I have first running your code here below and it is working fine,
> generally speaking. But there are some problems I need to clarify:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I assume you are running the same version as the one included in
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/085521.html (only
recursion may be set to a higher number), aren’t you?

I include at the end of the message to be sure we share the same sources.

> a. Beside the fact that I am running today on Windows and there is
> not GFS Didot typeface on the sytem (therefore I use TeX Gyre), there
> is a lack of Greek diacritic signs in the Greek print.

Isn’t it possible that you install GFS Didot on that Windows system?

> b. I don't see the footnotes references (but only the footnotes).

I’m not sure I get your point.

These are linenotes, not footnotes. References are to the line number,
not to a footnote number.

Is that what you meant?

> c. the log file gives something weird about {\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]

It seems to have problems to balance the columns. But the file below
doesn’t gave me that message.

I hope it helps,

Pablo

    \setuplanguage[agr][patterns={agr, la}]
    \mainlanguage[agr] % Greek as main language
    \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot]
     [preset=range:greek]
    \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre Pagella]
    \setuplayout[header=2cm, footer=2cm]
    \setupnotes[compress=yes]
    \setupnotations[alternative=serried]
    \definelinenote[aNote]
    \definelinenote[bNote][n=2]
    \definelinenote[cNote][n=3]
    \definelinenote[dNote][paragraph=yes]
    \def\ANote#1#2{#1\aNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\BNote#1#2{#1\bNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\CNote#1#2{#1\cNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\DNote#1#2{#1\dNote{#1] #2}}
    \setupalign[hz, hanging]
    \setuptolerance[strict]
    \setuplinenumbering[step=5, location=inright, distance=1ex,
     align=center, width=0.5em]
    \definemargindata[Stephanus][location=inner, distance=2ex,
     style=\em]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface, 7.8pt]
    \starttext
    \start\fr % some text in French
    Définir un apparat critique et le mettre en page avec un
    traitement de texte courant est un véritable casse-tête. LaTeX et
    ConTeXt offrent des outils d'automatisation encore assez mal connus
    dans la communauté des éditeurs, notamment dans l'édition
    savante, pour la collation et la comparaison de textes
    médiévaux.\par
    \stop

    \dorecurse{50}{\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]

    \Stephanus{1a} Ὁμώνυμα λέγεται ὧν ὄνομα
    μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ κατὰ τοὔνομα
    λόγος τῆς οὐσίας ἕτερος, οἷον ζῷον
    ὅ τε ἄνθρωπος καὶ τὸ γεγραμμένον·
    τούτων γὰρ ὄνομα μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ
    κατὰ τοὔνομα λόγος τῆς οὐσίας
    ἕτερος· ἐὰν γὰρ ἀποδιδῷ τις τί
    ἐστιν αὐτῶν ἑκατέρῳ τὸ ζῴῳ
    εἶναι, ἴδιον ἑκατέρου λόγον ἀποδώσει.

    \column

    \startlinenumbering[continue]
    Aequivoca dicuntur quorum \CNote{nomen}{première note} solum
    commune est, secundum nomen vero \ANote{substantiae}{seconde note}
    \ANote{ratio}{seconde note} diversa, ut animal
    \DNote{homo}{troisième note} et quod pingitur. Horum enim solum
    nomen commune est, secundum nomen vero substantiae ratio diversa;
    si enim quis assignet quid est utrique eorum quo sint animalia,
    propriam assignabit utriusque rationem.
    \stoplinenumbering

    \stopcolumns}

http://www.ousia.tk