Hi Pablo,

1. Here is my current version on Linux : ConTeXt  ver: 2016.05.15 20:46 MKIV
beta  fmt: 2016.5.16 (and the same on Windows).
2. I've tried to install GFS Didot on Windows, but I did'nt find TTF... And
when I copy files in c:/windows/fonts, ce system complains. How do you do that
?
3. We use both the same source file.
4. I was dummy : I was not aware of the mean of \definelinenote !
5. Note that here, the \dorecurse{50} command seems to produce an unexpected
effect : the latin text takes place of the greek one with its lines numbers (I
really don't know if the \dorecurse commande is

(Something out of the topic : under Linux, when I load GFS Didot, after
reloading fonts (with mtxrun --script fonts --reload), I don't see the GFS
fonts, with the command mtxrun --script fonts --list --pattern=didot* --all.
Strange, isn't it ?)

As attached files, the TeX source, the log file and the PDF print.

Many thanks for your help !
JP

Envoyé: Lundi 16 Mai 2016 11:42:35
Objet: Re: [NTG-context] LaTeX reledmac: what about ConTeXt ?

On 05/16/2016 10:58 AM, Jean-Pierre Delange wrote:
> Hi Pablo,
> I have first running your code here below and it is working fine,
> generally speaking. But there are some problems I need to clarify:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

I assume you are running the same version as the one included in
https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2016/085521.html (only
recursion may be set to a higher number), aren’t you?

I include at the end of the message to be sure we share the same sources.

> a. Beside the fact that I am running today on Windows and there is
> not GFS Didot typeface on the sytem (therefore I use TeX Gyre), there
> is a lack of Greek diacritic signs in the Greek print.

Isn’t it possible that you install GFS Didot on that Windows system?

> b. I don't see the footnotes references (but only the footnotes).

I’m not sure I get your point.

These are linenotes, not footnotes. References are to the line number,
not to a footnote number.

Is that what you meant?

> c. the log file gives something weird about {\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]

It seems to have problems to balance the columns. But the file below
doesn’t gave me that message.

I hope it helps,

Pablo

    \setuplanguage[agr][patterns={agr, la}]
    \mainlanguage[agr] % Greek as main language
    \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [GFS Didot]
     [preset=range:greek]
    \definefontfamily [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre Pagella]
    \setuplayout[header=2cm, footer=2cm]
    \setupnotes[compress=yes]
    \setupnotations[alternative=serried]
    \definelinenote[aNote]
    \definelinenote[bNote][n=2]
    \definelinenote[cNote][n=3]
    \definelinenote[dNote][paragraph=yes]
    \def\ANote#1#2{#1\aNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\BNote#1#2{#1\bNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\CNote#1#2{#1\cNote{#1] #2}}
    \def\DNote#1#2{#1\dNote{#1] #2}}
    \setupalign[hz, hanging]
    \setuptolerance[strict]
    \setuplinenumbering[step=5, location=inright, distance=1ex,
     align=center, width=0.5em]
    \definemargindata[Stephanus][location=inner, distance=2ex,
     style=\em]
    \setupbodyfont[mainface, 7.8pt]
    \starttext
    \start\fr % some text in French
    Définir un apparat critique et le mettre en page avec un
    traitement de texte courant est un véritable casse-tête. LaTeX et
    ConTeXt offrent des outils d'automatisation encore assez mal connus
    dans la communauté des éditeurs, notamment dans l'édition
    savante, pour la collation et la comparaison de textes
    médiévaux.\par
    \stop

    \dorecurse{50}{\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]

    \Stephanus{1a} Ὁμώνυμα λέγεται ὧν ὄνομα
    μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ κατὰ τοὔνομα
    λόγος τῆς οὐσίας ἕτερος, οἷον ζῷον
    ὅ τε ἄνθρωπος καὶ τὸ γεγραμμένον·
    τούτων γὰρ ὄνομα μόνον κοινόν, ὁ δὲ
    κατὰ τοὔνομα λόγος τῆς οὐσίας
    ἕτερος· ἐὰν γὰρ ἀποδιδῷ τις τί
    ἐστιν αὐτῶν ἑκατέρῳ τὸ ζῴῳ
    εἶναι, ἴδιον ἑκατέρου λόγον ἀποδώσει.

    \column

    \startlinenumbering[continue]
    Aequivoca dicuntur quorum \CNote{nomen}{première note} solum
    commune est, secundum nomen vero \ANote{substantiae}{seconde note}
    \ANote{ratio}{seconde note} diversa, ut animal
    \DNote{homo}{troisième note} et quod pingitur. Horum enim solum
    nomen commune est, secundum nomen vero substantiae ratio diversa;
    si enim quis assignet quid est utrique eorum quo sint animalia,
    propriam assignabit utriusque rationem.
    \stoplinenumbering

    \stopcolumns}

http://www.ousia.tk
  \setuplanguage[agr][patterns={agr, la}]
    \mainlanguage[agr] % Greek as main language
    % On orginal file \definefallbackfamily=GFS Didot
    \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [TeX Gyre] [preset=range:greek]
[...]

    \dorecurse{5}{\startcolumns[n=2, balance=yes]

[...]

    \stoptext
open source     > 1 > 1 > /home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv

ConTeXt  ver: 2016.05.15 20:46 MKIV beta  fmt: 2016.5.16  int: english/english

system          > 'cont-new.mkiv' loaded
open source     > 2 > 2 > /home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv
close source    > 2 > 2 > /home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv
system          > files > jobname 'ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01', input './ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01', result 'ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01'
fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
languages       > language 'en' is active
open source     > 2 > 3 > /home/adeimantos/context/ConTeXT/ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex
fonts           > beware: no fonts are loaded yet, using 'lm mono' in box
fonts           > bodyfont '7.8pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > bodyfont '9.36pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > bodyfont '6.24pt' is defined (can better be done global)
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (math)
fonts           > typescripts > unknown library 'modern-designsize'
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize mm 7.8pt' is loaded
fonts           > preloading modern-designsize (mono)
fonts           > 'fallback modern-designsize tt 7.8pt' is loaded
fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'mainface-rm--fallback-1' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts           > defining > unknown font 'mainface-rm--fallback-1', loading aborted
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'mainface-rm--fallback-1' as 'dummy--0'
[...]
fonts           > defining > unable to define 'mainface-rm--fallback-1' as 'dummy--4'
[...]
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balancing aborted after 100 steps
columns         > balanced in '159' step(s)
backend         > xmp > using file '/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages           > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1
close source    > 2 > 3 > /home/adeimantos/context/ConTeXT/ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex
close source    > 1 > 3 > /home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv

system          > structure > start used structure

used structure  > text: ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01

system          > structure > stop used structure

system          > files > start used files

used file       >    1: filename=cont-yes.mkiv filetype=tex foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-yes.mkiv usedmethod=database
used file       >    2: filename=publ-imp-default.lua filetype=scripts foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/publ-imp-default.lua usedmethod=database
used file       >    3: filename=cont-new.mkiv filetype=tex foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/cont-new.mkiv usedmethod=database
used file       >    4: filename=lang-us.lua filetype=scripts foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-us.lua usedmethod=database
used file       >    5: filename=/home/adeimantos/context/ConTeXT/ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/ConTeXT/ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex usedmethod=direct
used file       >    6: filename=lang-agr.lua filetype=scripts foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-agr.lua usedmethod=database
used file       >    7: filename=lang-la.lua filetype=scripts foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-la.lua usedmethod=database
used file       >    8: filename=lmmono10-regular filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmmono10-regular.otf usedmethod=database
used file       >    9: filename=texgyrepagella-regular.otf filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre/texgyrepagella-regular.otf usedmethod=database
used file       >   10: filename=lang-fr.lua filetype=scripts foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-fr.lua usedmethod=database
used file       >   11: filename=texgyrepagella-italic.otf filetype=otf format=otf foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre/texgyrepagella-italic.otf usedmethod=database
used file       >   12: filename=lpdf-pdx.xml filetype=tex foundname=/home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/lpdf-pdx.xml usedmethod=database

system          > files > stop used files

system          > options > start commandline options

used option     > currentrun="2"
used option     > fulljobname="./ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex"
used option     > input="./ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex"
used option     > kindofrun="2"
used option     > maxnofruns="9"
used option     > no-parse-first-line="true"
used option     > synctex="1 -- synctex"

system          > options > stop commandline options

system          > options > start commandline files

used file       >    1: ./ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.tex

system          > options > stop commandline files

mkiv lua stats  > used config file: selfautoparent:/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua
mkiv lua stats  > used cache path: /home/adeimantos/context/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e
mkiv lua stats  > resource resolver: loadtime 0.011 seconds, 0 scans with scantime 0.000 seconds, 0 shared scans, 12 found files, scanned paths: <none>
mkiv lua stats  > stored bytecode data: 387 modules (0.258 sec), 82 tables (0.012 sec), 469 chunks (0.270 sec)
mkiv lua stats  > traced context: maxstack: 1176, freed: 1, unreachable: 1175
mkiv lua stats  > cleaned up reserved nodes: 47 nodes, 9 lists of 452
mkiv lua stats  > node memory usage: 79 glue, 2 penalty, 155 attribute, 38 glue_spec, 52 attribute_list, 2 temp
mkiv lua stats  > node list callback tasks: 6 unique task lists, 11 instances (re)created, 8720 calls
mkiv lua stats  > h-node processing time: 0.029 seconds including kernel
mkiv lua stats  > used backend: pdf (backend for directly generating pdf output)
mkiv lua stats  > jobdata time: 0.005 seconds saving, 0.002 seconds loading
mkiv lua stats  > callbacks: 9468 direct, 300 indirect, 9768 total
mkiv lua stats  > randomizer: resumed with value 0.072991378173694
mkiv lua stats  > positions: 14 collected, 14 regulars, 0 regions, 0 unresolved regions
mkiv lua stats  > v-node processing time: 0.105 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > loaded patterns: agr:gr:50 en::2 fr::51, load time: 0.000
mkiv lua stats  > interactive elements: 0 references, 60 destinations
mkiv lua stats  > result saved in file: ConTeXt_FootNote-CriticusApparatus_2Columns_PabloR-01.pdf, compresslevel 3, objectcompresslevel 3
mkiv lua stats  > margin data: 5 entries, 0 pending
mkiv lua stats  > loaded fonts: 3 files: lmmono10-regular.otf, texgyrepagella-italic.otf, texgyrepagella-regular.otf
mkiv lua stats  > font engine: otf 3.020, afm 1.512, tfm 1.000, 11 instances, 8 shared in backend, 1 common vectors, 7 common hashes, load time 0.117 seconds
mkiv lua stats  > used platform: linux-64, type: unix, binary subtree: texmf-linux-64
mkiv lua stats  > luatex banner: this is luatex, version 0.95.0 (tex live 2016)
mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 44167 of 65536 + 100000
mkiv lua stats  > lua properties: engine: lua, used memory: 51 MB (ctx: 49 MB), hash type: lua, hash chars: min(64,40), symbol mask: utf (τεχ)
mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 1.715 seconds, 1 processed pages, 1 shipped pages, 0.583 pages/second