Gerhard,

I am suffering from the same issue.... Where did you make the change for this --> I've configured the rate to 1 on all ports.

Thanks in advance.

-Patrick

--------------------------

Gerhard Mourani wrote:
Hello Luca,

 > How did you configure sflow in your foundry?
I've configured the rate to 1 on all ports. After doing this, I can see that captured informations are better accurate but not 100%. For example, if I transfers 100 MB now, I will see around 90 MB. I think I cannot do better than that because it use sampling as you said.

Gerhard,

Luca Deri wrote:
Gerhard
sflow uses sampling. hence if you send let's say 100 you will see 1
using sflow. How did you configure sflow in your foundry?

Luca

On Oct 31, 2008, at 7:33 PM, Gerhard Mourani wrote:

Hello List,

I've activated the sFlow plugin into my ntop version 3.3.8 to capture
and display sFlow data coming from my "Foundry Network FastIron Edge
9604" model. If I check inside the plugin page of sFlow about 'sFlow
Interface Statistics' everything are correct and reported data
transfers
for 'Administrative' or 'Operational' status are ok. But now my
problem
is when I check inside the ntop web interface and especially about
collected data, here the problem is that returned informations about
amount of data are wrong, I mean the amount of data doesn't correspond
to what have really been transfered. So for example if I transfer 135
MBytes I can only see 295.0 KBytes in ntop. Someone know how to fix
this?

Thanks for your helps,
Gerhard,