Hello All,

I've been following nTop for a while, and have recommended it to my
bosses, and we're now doing a trial to see how it works in our
environment.  However, I seem to be hitting a snag with the number of
NetFlow devices.

The current setup:
nTop 3.3.9 (built from source) running on Debian Lenny (DomU
2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 if it makes a difference).
I've also tried the Etch 3.2 repository version, but with each, seem to
be hitting an upper limit on the number of Netflow devices I can add to
the system.

3.2 allows 48 interfaces before the menu system goes corrupt,  3.3.9
seems to allow me 31 devices before throwing up errors
"Unable to locate the specified device. Please activate the plugin
first.".

I'm also getting "**ERROR** An error occurred while forking ntop
[errno=12]" messages when running nTop from the console.

We're potentially looking at capturing the netflows from 300+ devices on
our network but I'm not sure that this will be feasable with nTop, at
least with this limitation.

Many Thanks in advance if you are able to assist?

"This email and any file attachments do not form a contract unless expressly
stated. They may contain privileged, confidential and/or copyright information.
If you are not the intended recipient or the service provider responsible for
delivering this please delete the material from any computer and return to the
sender at once; do not use, disclose or reproduce its contents. We do not
accept liability for any error or omission in the message arising from
corruption of, delay in or interference with, its transmission. We reserve the
right to monitor email communications through normal internal and external
networks. We believe but do not warrant that the email and the file attachments
are virus free."

Interserve Plc.  Registered in England, Number : 88456.
Registered Office: Interserve House, Ruscombe Park, Twyford, Reading,
Berkshire, RG10 9JU.