No off list discussions have been happening material to this point.   I am
basically stating my view for the first time.  I have delayed because I realize
it is not a pleasant view and I was hoping I could end up resolving it
favorably.

But,  it needs to be discussed before 1.7 is released.

--
Travis Oliphant
(on a mobile)