Hi,

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Travis Oliphant <tra...@continuum.io> wrote:

> I have heard from a few people that they are not excited by the growth of
> the NumPy data-structure by the 3 pointers needed to hold the masked-array
> storage.   This is especially true when there is talk to potentially add
> additional attributes to the NumPy array (for labels and other
> meta-information).      If you are willing to let us know how you feel about
> this, please speak up.

I guess there are two questions here

1) Will something like the current version of masked arrays have a
long term future in numpy, regardless of eventual API? Most likely
answer - yes?
2) Will likely changes to the masked array API make any difference to
the number of extra pointers?  Likely answer no?

Is that right?

I have the impression that the masked array API discussion still has
not come out fully into the unforgiving light of discussion day, but
if the answer to 2) is No, then I suppose the API discussion is not
relevant to the 3 pointers change.

See y'all,

Matthew