At 9:10 -0700 4/9/04, Fred wrote:
--- "Steven \"Conan\" Trustrum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 11:26 AM 4/9/2004 -0400, Steven \"Conan\" Trustrum you wrote:

 >Feats are "derived" mechanics, and thus can't be closed by anyone except
 >WotC. The names yes, any fluff accompanying them yes, but not the
 mechanics.

 Sorry, I should amend that: feats using new mechanics not derived from the
 SRD may be closed.

But isn't the very idea of a FEAT a mechanic that is derived from the SRD?

Well, earliest use of the term for a special power your character has that i'm aware of is Marvel Superheroes. And, apparently, the specific mechanism (gained with level increases, etc.) in D&D3E is pretty much taken from an identical mechanism in RMSS. So, in short, no. I'd say the concept of feats, as presented in D&D3E, predates D&D3E, and thus can't be derived from the D20SRD.
--
woodelf <*>
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand
by itself.