--- woodelf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 9:10 -0700 4/9/04, Fred wrote:

> >But isn't the very idea of a FEAT a mechanic that is derived from the SRD?
>
> Well, earliest use of the term for a special power your character has
> that i'm aware of is Marvel Superheroes. And, apparently, the
> specific mechanism (gained with level increases, etc.) in D&D3E is
> pretty much taken from an identical mechanism in RMSS. So, in short,
> no. I'd say the concept of feats, as presented in D&D3E, predates
> D&D3E, and thus can't be derived from the D20SRD.

Do you mean CAN'T be derived from the SRD, or MIGHT NOT be derived from the
SRD?  I've been writing up feats for years now, and I've never heard of RMSS,
so if I can't derive them from the SRD, where have I been deriving them from?

=====
"Let me be clear: Analysts differed on several important aspects of these
programs and those debates were spelled out in the [national intelligence]
estimate [of october 2002].  They never said there was an imminent threat. "
--  CIA director George Tenet, 2/5/2004, Georgetown University
""Intelligence gathered by this and other governments leaves no doubt that the
Iraq regime continues to possess and conceal some of the most lethal
weapons ever devised. . . . The terrorists could fulfill their stated ambitions
and kill thousands or hundreds of thousands of innocent people in our country
or any other."
-- "President" George Bush, 3/17/2003, 48-hour warning to Saddam Hussein