Markus Wolf wrote:
is there a way to reuse existing connections for the whole OJB setup?
I've implemented a ConnectionFactory for OJB as Excalibur component, but when I create a new database and open it (as stated in the tutorials) the repository_database.xml part is always expected.
Are there any workarounds? (Best would be a complete reuse of existing connections without having to specify a repository_database.xml)
Or maybe is there some way to put the repository_database.xml in a jar-file (which is possible for the entiry repository.xml but only for the whole file...)

Without going into the re-use issue I can just report that there is no problem placing the different repository*.xml files in a JAR. Just make sure the DTD is there to make XML-validation possible.

The files are loaded without path so place the in the root of your JAR.

Regards,
 Martin