Martin Kalén wrote:
 Markus Wolf wrote:
> is there a way to reuse existing connections for the whole OJB
> setup? I've implemented a ConnectionFactory for OJB as Excalibur
> component, but when I create a new database and open it (as stated
> in the tutorials) the repository_database.xml part is always
> expected. Are there any workarounds? (Best would be a complete
> reuse of existing connections without having to specify a
> repository_database.xml) Or maybe is there some way to put the
> repository_database.xml in a jar-file (which is possible for the
> entiry repository.xml but only for the whole file...)

 Without going into the re-use issue I can just report that there is
 no problem placing the different repository*.xml files in a JAR. Just
 make sure the DTD is there to make XML-validation possible.

 The files are loaded without path so place the in the root of your
 JAR.

So doesn't this log output mean the files are not found?...
Am I missing something here? Can anybody give me a hint how to successful load the repository.xml from a jar-file?
I have all repository parts in the root (default-package) of my jar-file.

[snip console-output]
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor] INFO: OJB Descriptor Repository: jar:file:/home/markusw/temp/jservices/jservices-server-0.0.1.jar!/repository.xml
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor] INFO: Building repository from :jar:file:/home/markusw/temp/jservices/jservices-server-0.0.1.jar!/repository.xml
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryPersistor] DEBUG: RespostoryPersistor using SAXParser : org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.RepositoryXmlHandler] DEBUG: startDoc
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager] INFO: No repository.xml file found, starting with empty metadata and connection configuration
[org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.MetadataManager] INFO: No 'default-connection' attribute set in jdbc-connection-descriptors, thus it's currently not possible to use 'defaultPersistenceBroker()' convenience method to lookup PersistenceBroker instances. But it's possible to enable this at runtime using 'setDefaultKey' method.
[/snip]

Regards
Markus Wolf

--

emedia-solutions wolf Wedeler Landstrasse 63 22559 Hamburg (040) 550 083 70

 web: http://www.emedia-solutions-wolf.de
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 pgp: http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net