Markus Wolf wrote:
So doesn't this log output mean the files are not found?...
Am I missing something here? Can anybody give me a hint how to successful load the repository.xml from a jar-file?
I have all repository parts in the root (default-package) of my jar-file.

This setup works for me. OJB will use the current class loader's getResource() method to load the file, which will mostly work with http URL, JAR and file.

Which container environment is your code running under (J2EE, servlet, stand-alone)? Which version of OJB are you using (release, CVS-snapshot)? Which version of Xerces is used?

I can give you a verified setup:
Tomcat + OJB 1.0.1 + Xerces 2.4.0

I checked the OJB code for 1.0.x maintenance branch and error reporting is not too verbose in this area, it's hard to say what fails without a line-number in the catch-clause causing "MetadataManager] INFO: No repository.xml" to be printed.

If all this is causing you too much headache an alternative approach, which might be a more Excalibur-friendly path, could be to instead of writing your own ConnectionFactory use some sort of ExcaliburDataSource directly with the OJB ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl. OJB will then not do any connection management at all and leave pooling etc to the ExcaliburDataSource.

See http://db.apache.org/ojb/docu/guides/deployment.html#Configure+OJB+for+managed+environments+considering+as+JBoss+example
for how to specify the DataSource.

Regards,
 Martin