Martin Kalén wrote:
Markus Wolf wrote:

So doesn't this log output mean the files are not found?...
Am I missing something here? Can anybody give me a hint how to successful load the repository.xml from a jar-file?

As Charles Harvey just pointed out, if your are using a repository with a HTTP dtd-declaration the XML-parses might try Internet access to get the DTD. What you want is this:

<!DOCTYPE descriptor-repository PUBLIC
       "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD OJB Repository//EN"
       "repository.dtd">

And to make sure repository.dtd is in the CLASSPATH.

OJB error-reporting should definately be improved here, it was way too complicated to get to the point...

Thanks for your help,
When the dtd is in the jar also (in the same directory) then it works.
For convinience my setup is a standalone Excalibur server. No tomcat (webapp) nor J2EE container. I'm using simply Excalibur and Avalon.

When specifying then ConnectionFactoryManagedImpl then each and every connection attempt is going through the factory? I tried with an own ConnectionFactory implementation and that needs a jdbc-connection-descriptor in the repository.xml.
I was looking for a way around specifying two points where I have to put database connecton definitions. One for the avalon pool and one for OJB. I decided to drop the avalon one now.

Once again thanks for all your help
Markus Wolf