THANK YOU Charlie ! .

I hope someone posts up a  link to the auction results catalog , I looked at 10
pages of it and was flabbergasted at the prices as here in Sunny So. Cal. you
can buy a fully restored vintage Chevrolet anything (except Rag Tops) for $20
+/- .

Most of the things sold , went to one person , musta been a *very* rich person
indeed .

As the auction proceeded , the prices dropped precipitously , I know some of
the old beat up trade in trucks sold for under $1,500 complete ~ that's why I
didn't go : I _knew_ I'da bought some old beater junk I don't need .

I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed driving your Chevy , I always love driving a
stock Stovebolt anywhere , any time , there's good reason it was THE MOST
POPULAR CAR IN AMERICA for decades and the V8's weren't the reason .

BTW : you can use ATF in the gasoline to the same effect : 3 Ounces per full
tank of gasoline not only stops vapor locking but it also stops that annoying "
shooting ducks " exhaust sound of the vaslves sticking occasionally when you're
hot idling .

Just _REMEMBER_ how much you added and DON'T mindlessly pour in another Octave
of ATF/MMO/Diesel Fuel each fill up unless you're filling up from below 1/4 a
tank because over a couple - three fillups you'll get too much oil additive in
the gasoline and have hard starting problems .

You're the first one I heard to mention the parade and Marching Bands ~ I  LOVE
Bands and Sousa Music ! .

-Nate
         Charlie Wrote :

 Randy Rundle of Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts, told me to put in a little
less than a pint of diesel fuel, every time I filled up my 1950 Chevy; during
my trip cross country, after the Lambrecht Auction.  Before I did that, I got
vapor locked, in NM; after I started adding the diesel; no more vapor lock.
The diesel does something to absorb some of the ethanol; exactly what, I don't
know.

 The auction was a hoot and a combination of a gypsy carnival/soy bean field,
mud run, good ol boy soiree.   People were bidding like it was monopoly money
and other people were scratching their heads trying to figure out the psych up
to the auction that created the frenzy.  The locals all turned out to witness
the circus and were all just wonderful to meet.   People were selling
everything from fudge to beef jerky in their drive way stands.   The Lambrecht
Chevy Building was a Mecca to which everyone was drawn to take photos, right in
the center of Pierce.  On auction day, I parked my Aztec Tan 1950 More Door
Chevy, right smack dab, in front of the building and it became a photo prop for
the day.  That was my own contribution to the weekends excitement.   When I
came back to retrieve the Chevy, an older gent, who had spent the day sitting
in the shade and watching all of the people, said he figures over 500 people
took pictures of my car  during the day.   Well, the next day, when anyone saw
me driving it; they would say "Isn't that the car that was parked in front of
Lambrecht's yesterday"?  And, that would start a whole new conversation.

 Saturday AM, before going to the auction, I watched a patriotic parade in old
downtown Norfolk. Being as there are many small towns in that area; every Jr
and High School band within 50 miles was in the parade.  That was the most
bands that I have ever seen in 70 years of parade watching.

 Saturday night, I went to the Extra Special Cruise In at the Norfolk Sonic
Drive In.   It was the biggest turn out they had ever had; as there were
vintage/collector cars from all over the country.    Once again, many people
asked if my car was in front of Lambrecht's on Saturday.

 I did have Carby problems, in addition to vapor locking, one time.   Turns out
the float was set way too high and the bowl over filled and started leaking.
Not only that, but the garage that supposedly got my cat road worthy, also
forgot to connect the accelerator pump external linkage and so I used my choke
a lot.  That is until a JC auto shop, instructor, in La Junta, CO, inspected
the carboy and adjust the float and connected the accelerator pump.   My carboy
still leaks and will get it properly fixed now that I am home.

 Only had rain one day, fierce NE wind blew off my magnetic reflective sign
that read ARIZONA OR RUST, missed the flooded parts of the South Platte and got
out of Nebraska, two days before the blizzard hit.

 I fell in love with the Chevy as it cruised along at 65 MPH with 19 MPG; after
the carboy was temporarily fixed.

 Highlights:  seeing that Cameo pickup sell for $140,000, seeing a guy spend
$2,000 on a rusted out 1950 Deluxe Chevy to get $4,000 worth of SS trim,
bumpers with guards and wings and front and back fender gravel shields, a radio
and Deluxe Hood Ornament;  auctioneers working of of a flat bed trailer being
pulled up and down the rows of cars, dozens of seniors with walkers traipsing
through the mud, just to experience this once in a life time event.

 Lowlight:  all of the neglect and rust in all of those wonderful Cheys.

 Last night on the road; finally got to sleep in a teepee at the Holbrook
Wigwam; which was a boyhood dream.  You see, my Dad thought they were too
garish, back in the 50's and wouldn't stay in those type of Route 66
artsy/touristy places.

 Even with the supposedly repaired items coming back to get me; I had a great
time.

 On Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:00 PM, Robert Westmoreland