Charlie ;

 Be aware that the venerable Rochester 'B' Series carby weeped at the bowl to
air horn joint when it was new 50 years ago and always it has been and will be
so if the float is properly set .

 Many Mechanics back in the day simply lowered the float level a little bit and
so " fixed " the problem *BUT* a lower float makes the engine run leaner and
with to - day's Foo-Foo ' Motor Fuel ' garbage , this can damage your beloved 6
banger perttydamnquick .

 So , what to do ? .

 Me , I just live with it and every month or so I wipe the brown stain of
accumulated fuel and dust off the carby's joint before it dribbles down to the
manifolds and begins to stink .

 If you run a micronic , clear plastic , paper element fuel filter just before
the carby , then you can get some Permatex # 1H Aviation Sealer and paint both
sides of the paper air horn gasket before final carby assembly , assemble it
before it tacks up and then allow it to dry 24 hours before allowing any
gasoline to touch it ~ this seals up the joint 100 % but it also effectively
_glues_ the carby to - gether , you'll need to soak it in alcohol to take it
apart again , that's why one should  not do this unless you have the ' Just So
' primary fuel filter installed along with at least one spare new one and the
tools to change it , in the trunk .

 Permatex # 1H is the old school sealer that hardens , not like the new fangled
stuff in the tubes (RTV) .

 If you like , you can search out a Carter 2600 (?) YF series carby that was
made for your Chevy , it'll increase the power and fuel economy whilst making
driving more pleasurable ~ yes these carbys co$t a little bit more but are well
worth the $ IMO , they don't weep either .

 -Nate

 Charlie Wrote :

Hi Robert, I put some Sea Foam in the tank, the day after I got home.  I am not
driving the Chevy, now, until I get the leaking carboy fixed.    I hope you all
enjoyed my report.