I didn't realize they were going to touch the carby.  I am in AZ, the garage is
in Iowa.  I axted them to only inspect the suspicious installation of my $90
Fifth Avenue Antique Auto Parts gear driven fuel pump and reinstall it
correctly.    It had been hung on the side of the spare tire well and wired to
the starter push button and the car was stalling.  The garage removed, instead
of fixing the electric fuel pump, installed a new mechanical fuel pump and
rebuilt the carby.   The carby failed, the car vapor locked and I am currently
disputing the $753.41 bill, with my credit card company,  I paid that garage to
totally screw up a very nice running Chevy.

I now have a leaking carby and a brand new electric $90 fuel pump in a box.
But, I still really like my 1950 More Door.

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:41 PM, "nathan.h...@lacity.org"