Ciao Gianluca!

I am afraid there's nothing as a systematic approach
to this yet.

When the new grant is in we can see which dictionaries
SUN got an assignment for and relicense them under AL2.
(From some bugzilla issues I've seen it's evident they
did try to get the copyrights assigned).

I think most linux/BSD distributions will end up using
hunspell + language specific dictionaries that are
already available for LibreOffice but still it's
important that we, as a community, raise awareness that
GPL tends to be more a limitation than an asset when
trying to make your work widely available.

The case of the italian support is indeed "special",
and is something I am particularly interested in. The
linguistico project seems to be particularly political:
they have this long discourse on how "OpenSource is
evil, free is good". Maybe the author of the original
ispell dictionary is more condescending.

cheers,

Pedro.