From: Gianluca Turconi <in...@letturefantastiche.com>
Subject: Re: ooo-myspell at apache-extras.org
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org, giffu...@tutopia.com
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2011, 10:41 AM

2011/9/22 Pedro F. Giffuni <giffu...@tutopia.com>

The case of the italian support is indeed "special",

and is something I am particularly interested in. The

linguistico project seems to be particularly political:

they have this long discourse on how "OpenSource is

evil, free is good". Maybe the author of the original

ispell dictionary is more condescending.
I'm the original author of the Italian OOo dictionary and I wouldn't have any
issue in re-licensing the original MySpell dictionary as far as it is included
in a AOOo user-oriented binary release, if and when it will be released.

However, the Italian dictionary has a 10-years long history of improvement
under LGPL/GPL and several different co-author. The current version is simply a
lot better than the original one whose copyright rights I own.

So, the re-licensing would be, IMO, just a regression. Of course, a less
complete dictionary is always better than nothing, from a user point of view.
;-)

However, I haven't understood yet (this list is sometimes really overwhelming),
what linguistic tools will be used in AOO:

1) MySpell or Hunspell?
2) for hyphenation?

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza, fantasy,
horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale: