I've done a bit of tracing through the code and I can't seem to find where
the http server in OpenSimulator uses threadpool threads. I did find them
used in the LLUDP server and in asyncronous requests from the asset
service, but I have yet to find any other uses. is it possible that the
http server is still using system threads, bypassing the threadpool? I'm
rather curious as I use the built-in http server in a few personal
applications and I'm concerned about performance.

On another note, I believe part of the impetus behind LL designing the
texture fetch capability was to allow a separate service from the simulator
to supply assets to viewers, thereby reducing load on the individual
simulator processes. Perhaps this is something OpenSimulator can take
advantage of? Probably some kind of asset proxy cache could do a much
better job of serving textures and other assets to viewers than the
existing monolithic process? I believe it could even be moved to a separate
server with a different IP address.