Hi Ricky,

2.x shouldn't be slower than 1.2, if it is then this suggests that
perhaps you are comparing debug build vs release build, or that the
graphics window that's been allocated is forcing the OpenGL driver to
run with software rendering.

You really need to pass on what hardware/drivers you are using, there
is little chance of anyone else being able to divine what is wrong.

Robert.