Hi Wojtek,

I think that breaking gl_LightSource usage in fragment shaders is
actually a major problem. On this forum there are three of us who
admitted it affected them. Probably few more did not mention it. How
many OpenGL developers outside OSG community do pixel lighting ? I bet
there thousands if not tens of thousands who were or can be affected in
the future.

I agree, and in fact in my case the error happened in a vertex shader when doing a loop over light sources to do per-vertex lighting, so it's not just limited to per-pixel lighting shaders. I bet any code that loops over gl_LightSource[] in any shader will cause this error.

I also agree with your other points. Hopefully soon OSG will allow us to choose which path we use, OpenGL 2.x or OpenGL 3.x+/4.x, and will help ease our transition.

J-S