Yep sorry. I was having some (other) issue where text was not rendered when
I had enabled shadows, so I was messing with osgViewer.cpp copying sample
code from osgShadow there.

The example that reveals the issue at shutdown is plainly osgShadow.cpp

Output:

osgshadow.exe --window 0 0 1024 768
FOV is 29.1484
Error: OpenGL version test failed, requires valid graphics context.

And a crasch. Interestingly only if you first move the camera (left mouse
move) in the graphics window.
If you do not interact with the scene, it only show the error message.

/Anders