Hi Anders,

On 4 February 2016 at 13:03, Anders Backman <ande...@cs.umu.se> wrote:
> Seems that this actually caused a lot more problem than I first thought...
>
> The fact that you need to have a valid reference while tearing down nodes,
> means that our system with plugins (dll:s loaded etc) now causes problems.
> The Camera it self, has references to a scene, states, (Renderer) etc, and
> if I keep a reference of the Camera to last, I get crashes when the camera
> destructor is called, due to the fact that most of the nodes, shaders,
> programs where created (allocated) in dll:s that has already been unloaded.
>

> So to recap:
>
> I need a context when a node is removed (if the node contains for example a
> shader/program).
> If I keep a reference to the Camera (hence the context), the camera also
> keep references to just about everything I put into the scenegraph, meaning
> that I delay the destruction of objects very late.

I wouldn't worry to much right now as I haven't yet worked out what is
going wrong in your case.  The changes to the core OSG aren't meant to
cause new restrictions on usage.  The only case where we might not be
able to retain support for is if there was originally buggy code that
was doing things wrong and somehow by luck didn't cause problems now
causes problems.  For the later case we need to find the problem in
client code.

However, let me investigate the bug at my end. This should clarify
things.  I haven't had a chance to investigate yet as I've been
testing and checking a block of work this morning.

> Right now I do not really see a solution for this. It was working in 3.4.0.

Right now just go back to OSG-3.4.0,