I have seen this issue in the past when linking libraries built in debug mode
with an app in release mode, or vice-versa, so that is the first thing to
check. Since the assertion is in the debug C++ runtime (with the “d” suffix”)
your app must also be built in debug mode with the same runtime.

Kind regards,
Phil