Adding support for a new bus-master chip is actually rather easy. OWFS only
requires a few functions be supported. This is actually the point of OWFS:
the bus master and slave functions are encapsulated easily. Since we
support so many different devices, the level of abstraction is very precise.

1. Detection/configuration step. This includes any hardware configuration
and setting up the communication channel (e.g. open the serial port and
setting baud rate).

2. Sending a set of bits or bytes and reading the bus ( works for reading,
too, when sending 0xFF's ).

3. Some kind of "discovery" to enumerate the 1-wire slaves. Often hardware
assisted.

4. Optional "Power bit".

You'll also need to add a command line configuration option. If you can
describe your bus master to me, I can easily write a rough draft that you
can test and perfect. (Or send me a sample).

Paul Alfille