The Worker Process is really just a fancy 'Console Application'. If you have
a working Console App then you are ready to go!

xcopy deployment of a console app is dirt simple and you can start it
relatively easily with a variety of methods. You can also shim the console
app with a windows service if that is an easier method (for monitoring
on-premise services).

Phil