> However it's worth realizing that when tinkering with these types of scale
> out cloud technologies you won't need a) huge scale and b) to run the
> service 24/7. For example the cost to run a couple Windows Azure instance
> for a handful of hours might come to only a few dollars.

Not exactly sure what you mean by (b). I assume if you are running a
pretty standard web site that is accessed at all hours from over the
world, you would have to pay for every hour 24/7. A better model would
be just to pay for CPU hours, that way if you do nothing, you pay
nothing, the more you do the the more you pay.

Craig.