When using complex vector graphics, I think you should consider not only the
size, but also the CPU impact it might have. I would hope that for small
icons this won't be an issue. I don't have experience in this area, but it's
something I would try to test/google before going with that approach.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 12:25 PM, John OBrien <j...@soulsolutions.com.au>wrote:

>  Icons are really time consuming for a graphic designer, I like this site:
> http://www.iconfinder.net as it has good quality free icons with a filter
> to show the ones allowed for commercial use. Even an API in there J
>

> I started out thinking everything in Silverlight should be vector based
> XAML so it can scale to any size but found it way too difficult to create,
> I’m back to just using nice PNG images. That said if you get a kit of icons
> in a vector format then expression design should be able to convert them to
> XAML, when comparing filesizes remember that the xaml will be zipped. I do
> recommend comparing what the filesize will be in xaml vs PNG and whether you
> need them to scale beyond 128x128px or 64x64px size.
>

> John.

Miguel A. Madero Reyes
www.miguelmadero.com (blog)
m...@miguelmadero.com