I've done Xaml icons in the past. I break out Expression Design and then cut
and paste them into Blend to get xaml versions.

Embrace your inner Devigner. Don't resist it, or be ashamed. We're a rare
breed. We're the bridge between those who design but shall not code and
those coders with UI skills of a baby in a tumble dryer. :)

cheers,
Stephen