LOL ...

My personal predilections come into play. I'd much rather write
straightforward C code than any kind of Java or C++ ... mostly
because I'm much more familiar with it and it has always proved to be
far more portable and easier to compile and link on any system if I
was rigorous about not using compiler/linker specific language
extension features.

For similar reasons, the step to Objective-C is much easier for me
than shifting to Java or C++. Objective-C is just a small, tidy set
of extensions to the basic C language that allows for nicely
encapsulated object oriented design.

Forgive this digression into my dark, geeky past ... ;-)