On 2010-01-31 6:42, Cotty wrote:

To wipe the main external drive and simply drag and drop the backup onto it?

or

To wipe the main external drive and use the backup software to allow it
to do its thing and clone back onto it?

I don't know about MAC specifics, since I'm a Windows and Linux sort of guy. But I don't like using backup software, because it usually doesn't leave the files in a directly accessible format on the backup target. So, I generally just do regular file copies to the backup media. I don't typically use the GUI for tasks like this, because I've found that on most systems the command line tools for copying files work faster, since they don't spend any time dinking around keeping the screen up to date. So, for me, it'd be a small shell script or something that simply copies everything I want backed up to the external drive.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)