On 26/2/10, Bob W, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I think you're 100% wrong on this, Cotty. I refer you to Willcock vs Muckle:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_Henry_Willcock
>
>The PCSO in that film was an idiot, which is to be expected of PCSOs. The
>policewoman was bang out of order, abusing her authority. The photographer
>appears to know his rights rather more than most of us do, so presumably was
>deliberately pushing for this to happen, just as Willcock did in 1951, but
>somebody needs to put a stop to this type of abuse of authority.

Hmm - there is nothing in the above para that I disagree with except the
abuse of authority bit. If the police have the power to stop and search
under a lawful act, how is that an abuse of authority?

In any society you're going to get unscripted and spontaneous incidents
on the ground and these probably happen in the dozens in the UK every
day. Name me a few countries in the world where this sort of incident
would have had a better outcome and I will consider moving there.

--

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__