> >The system didn't work.
> >Or more to the point, why does a guy who might have a gun
> get a "soft stop"
>
> Because there was intelligence that suggested otherwise -
> research done before the stop - my website, my employer's
> identity etc. It would have been far easier to do the hard
> stop than waste half a day looking into it - and glad they
> did! I'm happy with that.

Come on - that's not intelligence, that's stupidity. Why are they wasting
half a day on the computer when someone's reported a possible firearm? They
should have had you cuffed over the back of that Landy in seconds with a
dozen pump-action shotguns pointing at your head - what if you'd been about
to do a Michael Ryan?