So this is the 'lay of the land' in most places.
Local police/law enforcement officers get a lot of leave to do things their way.
You want to be an a**hole, they'll be a**holes right back to you.
So tell me how this attitude benefits you personally?
It's juvenile behavior or galloping paranoia or both.
Take a chill pill...
Regards,  Bob S.