> actually get

> Belgium, France, and UK.

> Gothenburg, Sweden.
> to London,

> maybe as far as Seattle.

> train tracks
> >> >

> > Or about LA to Seattle.
> > I was referring to the Oslo to Gothenburg leg of the trip.
>
> Or you might be able to find a website to help with planning
> your itinerary.
>
> http://www.seat61.com/Norway.htm
>
> Mainly devoted to going the other direction, but it does
> include Oslo -> London. I guess they figure you might want to
> travel the other direction to get back to London if nothing else.
>
> I'd fly TO Europe or to England, but once there going to all
> those other different places isn't really so much a hardship
> for me as it is an opportunity.

It's quite a difficult journey to plan. A few years ago I tried to organise
the trip from London to St. Petersburg and back by train for a non-flyer in
her 80s. It would have been far to difficult for her, and she ended up going
on a cruise there instead.

Deutsche Bahn's website is excellent for planning European rail travel. The
classic off-line resource is Thomas Cook's European Rail Timetable, used in
conjunction with their map.

Bob