On 5/5/2010 3:40 AM, Bob W wrote:
Maybe the weather service will actually send up a plane to
sample the dust this time.  It seems that there wasn't enough
last time to actually cause any damage, but due to technical
problems the plane never left the hanger, and the MET relied
entirely on computer models that were apparently wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1268794/Remember-ash-c
loud-It-didnt-exist-says-new-evidence.html#ixzz0mF9IjOBS

Still it is from the "Daily Mail"

Quite. Planes did leave the ground and sample the cloud, according to
sources which don't invent the news to fit their own nasty little agenda.

Bob

I've do a little research, and it appears that no matter what the "Mail's" agenda, there was little enough reason for a blankett ban air travel. Plenty of blame to go around.

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}