On 6/23/2016 3:24 PM, steve harley wrote:
On 2016-06-23 10:29 , John wrote:
The Vet says this food is fine, especially since she WILL eat it. She
won't eat some of the better, more nutritious specialty foods, which is
good for me, 'cause I can't really afford them.

i realize it's a choice, and i've been down the road of "i hate this
high-end food you're giving me"; just thought it might be a factor in
the vomiting

It's a rare event. The vet says she's in really good health for an 18 -
19 year old cat.

If she gets too excited she gobbles the food too fast & then throws up.
It only happens if I'm having a hard time waking up when she decides it's
time for me to feed her.

we do use mostly no-grain, high-protein foods (except when a cat has
kidney problems), but we shop around and work the frequent-buyer
programs to keep the cost under control

If the vet says I have to feed her a special diet, I'll change to
whatever I have to. But for now, she prefers the supermarket brands &
the vet says that's Ok.