I can't speak to LR4.4, that's too old: I haven't run anything less than 5.x or
6.x for over a year, certainly never on anything older than macOS 10.11 El
Capitan. I've been running Sierra through various alpha/beta iterations with
PSCS5.1 and LR6.x for the past 9 months. The only problems I've noted (with
both) are some issues with color managed printing profiles, but with LR6.4-6.6
this happened even on macOS 10.11 El Capitan. LR6.7 seems to have addressed
these now, but I haven't done extensive testing yet.

Otherwise, all of the apps I use in my image processing workflow (Lightroom,
Flare, occasionally Photoshop) along with some of the display/word
processing/etc apps I use have either worked flawlessly or have been updated
for Sierra already.

I have an existing installation of the last ever version of Aperture on one of
my systems and it's still working well with Sierra.

I understand that Capture One prior to version 9.3 has had some issues that
have now been taken care of, but it's been a while since I tested C1.