Hmm. Your experience is nothing like mine. What system are you using?

For me (and I only use Apple equipment so I have no idea how Android or other
touch devices respond), the iPad Pro in particular is every bit as responsive
as any mouse and/or trackpad desktop computer. As a matter of fact, it's
actually more responsive in many situations with better finger/touch/pointing
accuracy, etc. It's so good in fact that when I'm working on one of the MacBook
laptops I often touch the screen to affect something and wonder why it didn't
respond until I realize that I'm on a different machine/OS, etc.

I touch an icon and instantly the app is running and waiting for my input, or
showing me what I wanted to see. If I'm using the soft keyboard, I can type 50
wpm on it ... the keyboard gives a better tactile feel and gives me more screen
real estate to work with. BTW, the keyboard cover adds an eighth of an inch to
the overall thickness of the iPad Pro when closed and about four ounces, that's
it; the machine remains just as portable.

If you are experiencing that kind of poor responsiveness with an Apple iPad,
let me know what model/configuration/iOS version you're using. Also, if you're
on a model with limited storage and limited free space, be sure you don't have
a lot of background-active apps and services running, slowing things down.