On 2/23/2017 6:33 PM, Bill wrote:
I've been doing a lot of focus stacked macros with pixel shift. The level of detail goes up quite a bit, and blown out reds seem to be a thing of the past as well. The only downside is that a couple of dozen K1 pixel shift files stacked up in Photoshop take all 32 GB of memory and then some, so unless you have a smokin' hot box, you may find yourself wanting to upgrade.
I don't miss my 6x7 any more.

bill

I did the upgrade to 32 gb / 8 cores / SSD last year, so I should be prepared. I use Zerene Stacker for larger stacks and it is more efficient with memory than is PS, though I usually combine multiple ZS stacks in PS. I'm sure things will feel a bit more sluggish working with K-1 files, but 6x7 scans weigh in at 560 megs so they can be demanding as well.

Mark