The department store you're thinking of is La Samaritaine. I've been to the
rooftop restaurant, which was fabulous. The interior was quite spectacular too.
It has been closed for years, supposedly for refurbishment. It featured,
closed, in the film Holy Motors, the encounter between Denis Lavant and Kylie
Minogue. Great film.