On 8/18/2017 14:46, Igor PDML-StR wrote:

I just got a notification from FedEx (I have an account with them, so, I
get some "Service Alert"s. This one got me smiling.

Quote:

"FedEx is closely monitoring potential effects of the total solar
eclipse on Monday, August 21, 2017. Our first priority is the safety and
well-being of our team members, and we will implement contingency plans
as necessary. Events of this nature often cause pickup and delivery
delays and disruptions for FedEx customers. FedEx is prepared to provide
service to the best of its ability."

Ghm... Is that about the traffic and the crowds, or about the 2.5
minutes of darkness?

Probably both.

And another thought: "events of this NATURE"...
Can we pick a different Nature? The one where solar eclipses last longer?
And not that far from home? And with all 7 moons? ;-)

Cheers,

Igor

If that's what it takes to float your boat, go for it. Be sure to let us
know how it works out for you.